Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kelly: Running Blows

Ok I know, not the most positive title for my first blog. However, running does blow, but in a good way. Kind of an “if I die doing this at least I know I worked hard at it” kind of a way.

Now I am supremely out of shape and when I say I am chipping away at being able to run only 3 miles, I mean chipping away….minute by minute. I have no delusions that it’s a long road ahead. But that is part of what will make this whole crazy idea so satisfying in the end, knowing I worked my ass off to get there.

Yesterday, I “ran” (meaning I ran for 90 seconds walked for 2min…rinse, repeat) outside for the first time since high school gym class. It was hot and I am allergic to all living things so when I got home I sounded like an whizzing old man. My face was fire red and it stayed like that for hours. But, I did it, a tiny step forward, but a step none the less.

That is way I am participating in this blog. To log some progress and to relay all of the funny/sad shit that is bound to happen along the way. Also, I spend 90% of my life locked in a small dark room massaging people for a living and I feel like I get dumber everyday. Maybe this will help me improve my writing skills….or maybe I just like to talk about myself…..

3 comments:

  1. You'd better be careful in that Vegas heat! Maybe Mommy Marge should push you in the stroller with the boys for when you need a break...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tink: walt says, "the way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." i heart walt.
    p.s. - we should totally find hidden mickeys while we run. it might make the miles go faster???

    ReplyDelete