Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sandrina: Running Machine

I believe I will be the first to turn thirty...and I am sure the tears will be flowing. I hope maybe to ride a hip-pity hop for 1 mile, or buy a sports car, or get drunk in front of my parents, or find out that I am actually 31 instead.
I got this crazy idea to run a half marathon when a couple of girls at work were talking about running them and one even running a full marathon. I never really liked to run. The fact that I can't breath when I run is probably the number one reason. One of my goals was to run a 5k. I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving...my only goal was to finish and run the whole thing. Mission accomplished. I have ran 3 other 5k's and 1 -5miler completing them all and beating my time at each one!
I have created a 33 week training schedule based on Hal Higdon....some guy who runs a lot of marathons. I am 3 weeks into it and will be running 2.75 miles tomorrow. I hope that I can stick with this and run in Disney dressed as a Princess, crown, wand and all and then eat in Cinderella's castle again!!! Thirty I am not afraid of you....sniff,sniff, (wiping away tears!)

1 comment:

  1. Damn, Sandrina's winning! haha.

    Also, I can't wait to eat at Cinderella's house again. My goblet was lost in my last move so I'll need to theive another one. Are you in as my trusty accomplice again?!

    - Erin

    ReplyDelete